Sunday, March 22, 2009

What to do...

I'm at a point where I am in need of making decisions, the biggest one of course is what to do after the wedding. I am blessed with the knowledge that I have a wonderful woman who has told me "I trust that you are listening to God, and so I will follow you wherever God is calling you to go." However, the place where I feel He is calling me is going to really cause us both to have to step out in faith.

We don't have the money to do anything, yet at the same time I am beginning to feel like that doesn't matter... I just wish that I knew for certain that taking this next big step was of God. I am just afraid that I am just doing something of myself, and because of this I'll fail.

Is it wrong to go out with nothing but the knowledge that that is where God wants you to be? Is it wrong to leave the security of everything, and in faith jump headfirst into the unknown?

Lord, give me your wisdom in this.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Son, that's why they call it faith. God will take care of you as long as you are willing to follow Him. And He's pretty good about making it known if it's a wrong move or if it is your plan not His. It will be a complete uphill battle if it is yours and He want you to go another way. It will be smooth sailing if it is His plan.
That's how Les and I have always done it, especially once I was saved as well, and we're still here to tell the tale.
Trust in Him and His plans for you and His grace to help you figure it out. He loves you and wants only what is good for you. And if it doesn't work out and you need a place to stay, you have two homes (for sure) that would be happy to take you back. I guarantee it.

Donna G said...

bub
if we fail then we fail and we pick ourselves back up again and go at life again. the important part of life is not that you get it perfect every try, but that you are seeking God and growing to know him more.
i love you
psalms 138:8

Cyndi said...

When God guides, God provides.

Asking is showing that you're not demanding your will, but seeking His. Praise God.

And yes, it may be a battle to follow His will. The enemy of your soul will NOT be pleased, He'd rather you stay where everything is easy and you are rather comfortable. He can keep you distracted that way.

Pray. God will always close the door (on your nose, if need be!) as long as you are asking, and listening.

Be confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it until the day of the Lord.