Friday, March 6, 2009

This good day!

I find it amazing how God just throws people into my life to say things to me right when I need them, and also sends us people into our lives also to help.

Today I was feeling, like I have been for the past few weeks, pretty frustrated. With others constantly telling me what I should do next, I would try things, yet every time I would try something it would fall through, I found myself just feeling completely... frustrated.

So today at Starbucks, Donna and I went to Starbucks, and just were sitting on the couch, just talking about the situation. It is there that I realized that one of the biggest issues I had was the fact that I didn't want to begin to pursue something that wasn't the Lord's will for me, yet at the same time I couldn't figure out what that will was for my life.

While there, a lady walks in with her baby, and somehow we started talking to her. She turned out to be a believer, and we had a good talk. During the conversation the lady gave me a verse, Proverbs 16:9 which says "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." This verse really spoke to me, because while I am making plans and stuff, I'm afraid of failure, so because of this I'm afraid to step out, and in doing so fail. But through this verse, God really said to me, "If you are earnestly seeking me, then as you go out, I will direct your path." That was really cool!

Then later that night, Donna and I went to the "Dinner and a movie" at Pathways. While there, we met this young married couple, Jack and Lindsi. It was pretty awesome being able to just talk with them, and minister to them about the Lord.

Overall it was good day being able to minister to people is what I want to spend the rest of my life doing, and while my situation right now isn't any different, I am learning that as I step out for Christ, He will handle everything.

1 comment:

Jessy said...

oh how encouraging!
Ps. i love that you're using that picture on your blog, i feel like i ought to be famous or something! (even though i think Jon took it while he had my camera, i still like to take the cred!)