Monday, March 9, 2009

It ain't easy.

It came to my attention last night that I was expecting going off into full-time ministry would be easy. Yet last night God told me that if I want the easy life, then I am not pursuing the right career path. I need to be the type that is willing to do the hard stuff. Someone who is willing to stick to it, even when the going gets tough. I've been reading through the book of Acts, and specifically the ministry of Paul, and I'm beginning to realize that a life for Christ is not for the weak of heart, it is not easy, yet there is nothing more fulfilling than a life that is seeking to diligently seek Him.

So I wrote in the bible, "may I never seek the easy way out, but instead be seeking the jobs that require work."

On another note, a few weeks back, I talked and prayed with a man named Keith Kelley. He was living on the streets, and was just trying to get his life back together. He recently got a job at the sweet factory, a little booth that sold candy, and so I went to visit him today.

It turns out that since I last talked to him, the Lord has given him a place to stay, a second job as a mechanic, has made it a point to completely stay away from alcohol, and is making it a point to take some responsibility for his life which is amazing!

When I heard this, I was filled with joy, the fact that the Lord is doing these great things in his life. I just pray, and hope that you all pray too, that he will make it a point to really be seeking the Lord, and that he would stay away from the things that tempted him in the past, like drugs and alcohol.

1 comment:

Janet said...

It's alway a major blessing when you can see the Lord move in people in a major way. I think that just may be His encouragement for the believer to keep fighting the good fight.

I'm glad He wanted to give you that gift.