Thursday, December 4, 2008

That good man Joseph

I must say I am really beginning to feel for Joseph, the husband of Mary, especially now that I am madly in love with and betrothed to be married to Donna. Joseph was betrothed to Mary, and was getting ready to marry his beautiful bride when all of the sudden it turns out that she is pregnant. I cannot imagine the hurt that he must had initially felt, if all of the sudden Donna came to me and told me "I'm pregnant, but don't worry it's from the Holy Spirit." I would feel betrayed, and really angry that she would then try to blame God for what happened. Yet Joseph loved Mary, and God, enough that while he felt hurt, betrayed, and most likely angry, instead of having her be stoned to death, he decided to just put her away in secret, not wanting to expose Mary's shame.
That's love, and and I'm sure that's part of the reason that God chose Mary, because He knew what kind of man Joseph was. He loved Mary in the way that God intends all us men to love our lives.

I will say though It's good that God appeared to him in a dream and let him know that this pregnancy thing was legit.

No comments: