Wednesday, February 13, 2008

College group

Today I decided to check out the college group at Southside Baptist church. It was pretty cool. The leaders there really made a concerted effort to make sure that I was getting plugged in and making sure that the people noticed me which was appreciated. I notice that when it's just me, I tend to be quiet, which isn't exactly the way one goes about making friends, I need a wingman, someone who I know as backup, and so it was interesting going today because I lacked that wingman.

Anyway the lesson today was about relationships (since tommorrow is Valentine's day). The lesson essentially was an acronym, TOADS and it represented what people need in order to have a healthy relationship
Trust
Openness
Affirmation
Dating
Seeking the Lord

It was pretty good I guess, but I really enjoyed being able to hang out with a bunch of believers specifically Christian guys. I've realized that I need bros, and it's good that there are a lot of cool guys there. Hopefully I can find a brother who I can really talk to.

so anyway it was pretty good and I think that I am going to go back, hopefully I can make some good friends there and get plugged into some bible studies.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'll be praying that you find some Godly brothers :)

Janet said...

Dude's gotta have someone to hang with, especially since he's so far from his girl!

Donna G said...

i'm glad it went well bub we both know how much it sucks to be lacking friends cause we've been there before. i'm praying that you find some good strong christian guys to hang out with. i love you bub way to be brave and go with out your wing man. ;)

Cyndi said...

EXCELLENT!
You definitely need manly fellowship. I'm so glad to see you reaching out and taking that step. It's so hard to go into those situations alone...this is great training for your future. You'll have a great story to share when guys confess their lack of boldness to enter in.