Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jobs

I'm getting frustrated. I'm tired of filling out out millions of applications only to find out that I am either not qualified or the business is not hiring. It's frustrating to say the very least. The thing is I don't know what to do. I know on one hand the reality is at this point there really isn't anything I can do other than put in more applications, and the other hand is the reality that the Lord is the one who will choose my future job. Whether that is being a server or a youth director, it all depends on what the Lord would want me to do, because the reality is while those things may be my job, my life is to glorify God, and so that is what I want to do. God is the one who initiates the employment.
The question for me though is how much am I supposed to do? On one hand the bible is constantly saying that we are to wait on the Lord, and I know this. But on the other hand I know that I am not supposed to sit around and do nothing either. So the question is when am I supposed to stop and just wait on the Lord? The hard thing is just waiting, because I feel like a slacker, but I just don't know... I guess it really all comes down to what the Lord is calling me to do, does He want me to continue to go and find a job or does He want me to just patiently wait on the Lord? I just don't know, and for that reason I'm frustrated. But that's ok.

No comments: